1/12/2012

hello again


zachary and evelyn 2011



So, it's been awhile since I have posted, and I will tell you why:

When Z was about six months we decided that the joint office/baby room wasn't such a good idea. When his favorite past time became playing with the tangled mess of computer cords and opening and slamming the printer shut, we knew it was time.

We moved everything down to the basement. And this was the problem. I don't know if it is because I grew up in California where basements don't exist...or maybe it is all the haunted houses that the Hair Family cousins created in my Grandma's ultra creeeeeepy basement....... but whatever it is, I am pretty ridiculously scared when it comes to basements.

Like mad dash up the stairs out of breath scared

Then for Christmas Clint bought me an ultra fancy laptop, so now I can write from the safety of ground level.

Here are some of the highlights of the last couple of months:

I finished my first semester of teaching dance at our local community college! I loved it. It was so amazing to dance again on a regular basis. Now I'm teaching a part lecture/part movement class called Dance and Culture. I wore slacks and a button down shirt for the first day of school and had this air of importance about me. I never knew these old slacks (that I have probably worn twice) could give me so much authority and power. I guess when you have been working for the past decade in exercise clothes real people clothes can be a real power kick.

I also picked up a beginning Jazz class last minute. (Uhhh, Liz, you out there?) Someone well versed in jazz once told me that Jazz is all about buff abs and splits....so this should be a great semester. Teaching classes last minute that you don't feel quite ready for is awesome because funny ridiculous things are bound to happen.






Some of the biggest news: Zachary turned one on November 20th! We were in California for Clint's sister Kristy's wedding, stayed for thanksgiving, and threw Z a party the day after. I was going to go all super-mom and make creative invites, cupcakes with little things that stick out the tops, and Z a cake using whole wheat flour and agave nector, but in end bought hot dogs, chips, and cupcakes at Costco. There is something about going home that brings out the lazy in me.






Clint and I always have these really good T-shirt ideas that never get made. Here is the one we were going to make for the birthday party:




Year One


SURVIVORS


Happy Birthday Zachary. It has been one wild fun crazy ride. You reinvent the wheel for us.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Grub! I had no idea those haunted houses that Jesse and I made left such an impression....though they were pretty awesome feats of engineering (like the ghost that flew across the laundry room).

    You should start a SURVIVORS T-shirt franchise. Jay and I want one for surviving 2 years of playing trains.

    ReplyDelete